The certificate in higher education administration is designed for individuals who are planning or enhancing a career in a broad range of administrative positions in higher education institutions. The certificate will provide core knowledge for administrative processes in the context of higher education institutions.
The graduate certificate in higher education administration may be pursued on a part-time or full-time basis.
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Understand and apply concepts of leadership, administration, and assessment through an interdisciplinary lens within the context of the complex higher education enterprise.
- Become socialized members of a community of higher education professionals.
- Understand and employ effective organizational and administrative approaches.
- Examine current issues related to existing and emerging technologies in theory and practice.
- Reflect on themselves as cultural beings and analyze how culture and history influence their work in higher education.
- Value diversity, equity, and inclusion and meet multicultural competencies.
- Use theory as a base from which to ground the practice of effective and ethical leadership, teaching, and administration.
- Be prepared to implement programs and services that support institutional mission while adhering to oversight and accountability requirements.